YOLK is the company that innovates solar energy through design. We aim to make special solar products that are easy to use in everyday life and change the world. YOLK’s first two projects, the Solarade and Solar Paper focused on creating lightweight and portable designs that make it easy to incorporate solar power into everyday life, the latter getting funded over $1 Million on Kickstarter. YOLK’s second project, Solar Cow, aims to help prevent the child labor and provide educational opportunities by rewarding parents with free access to electricity that has very high economic value in Africa, if parents send their children to school.
● Create and manage Yolk’s Monthly English Newsletter.
● Conduct research on needs in developing countries and its markets.
● Research and apply for grant/award.
● Translation/Editing work in English, etc.
● English native speaker
● Strong writing skills in English
● Strong research skills including basic analysis and business knowledge
Nice to Have:
● Basic understandings and interests in startup ecosystem, social impact and marketing
● Fluent in Korean and/or other foreign languages.
● Understanding in international development.
● Understanding in electronics and solar power.
● Understanding in design.