The New York Times Chinese website is looking for a summer intern.
Location: Beijing, China
1. Translate nytimes.com articles from English to Chinese.
2. Assist senior editors to copyedit, produce and publish articles in Chinese.
3. Promote our content on social media platforms.
4. Assist editors on audience development research.
1. Current college student or recent graduates in journalism, media, communication, translation, international relations, public policy, Chinese/English literature or related fields.
2. Excellent reading and writing ability in both English and Chinese. Experience of studying or working abroad is a plus.
3. Conscientious and detail oriented.
4. Good communication skills and team working spirit.
The New York Times is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, one that reflects the varied global community we serve. Our journalism and the products we build in the service of that journalism greatly benefit from a range of perspectives, which can only come from diversity of all types, across our ranks, at all levels of the organization. Achieving true diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do. It is also the smart thing for our business. So we strongly encourage women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.
The New York Times Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.