Over the last two decades, we’ve witnessed the emergence of sales-tech, mar-tech, data science, dev tools, and even HR-tech. We are now in the beginning of the era of the CFO. We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer a new industry, and welcome those who want to join us!
Cube's vision is to be THE System of Intelligence & Engagement for the CFO and finance teams to deliver faster, smarter strategic insights to drive the business forward. Cube is a CFO-founded and venture-backed company with $20M in funding with a recently closed round led by Mayfield.
The CFO’s most strategic function, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), is a mission-critical role, yet nearly 90% of companies still manage their financial outlook and analysis in standalone spreadsheets. Cube addresses this challenge by pioneering a new approach to FP&A technology that combines the power and performance of enterprise cloud software with the flexibility and familiarity of the spreadsheet.
Cube connects the entire finance tech stack, including Excel and Google Sheets, into a cloud-based FP&A platform, enabling teams to get started in just days (not months), with no large-scale change management or training. Companies can plan more, report faster, and analyze smarter - in just a fraction of the time.
Cube is a next-generation financial planning & analytics platform that enables finance teams and businesses to make smarter, faster decisions. Our software reduces the 75% of efforts finance teams spend manually transforming & re-keying data in spreadsheets by connecting disparate financial & operational data sources into a central version of truth. Cube reduces errors associated with manual planning and empowers cross-functional leaders to seamlessly collaborate and manage data workflow. By providing add-ons to one’s spreadsheet of choice (Excel, Google Sheets), our intuitive interface eliminates the need for a lengthy / costly implementation or extensive training.
We are looking for a product manager who proactively collaborates across the organization and customers to drive requirements. The ideal candidate is focused on improving the value we provide to our customers and communicating their needs to the development teams. This person will work closely with our customers and internal stakeholders to understand high-level needs, break them down and convey both vision and detailed requirements with developers. We work across metrics, customers, and internal stakeholders to drive our roadmap, and the person in this role must be comfortable with balancing the needs across these three inputs to prioritize the backlog.
This is a full-time, remote position for candidates who are located in the US and willing to work East Coast hours
- Collaborate with the Product team to write up actionable user stories for development teams
- Prioritize work for development teams
- Acceptance Test completed user stories and bugs
- Actively participate in Discovery and Design sessions to understand user need
- Communicate vision, goals, user needs, and acceptance criteria to Agile development teams
- Negotiate with engineers to come up with story implementation that best meets user needs
- Write documentation to guide users through new functionality
- Drive product release plans for new features
- Previous experience as a product owner or product manager in an Agile technology industry for web software applications
- Familiarity/experience with tools engineering and product teams use (Jira, Mixpanel, or similar)
- An understanding of what it takes to work at a small (and growing) organization
- Experience successfully working across multiple departments, from sales, customers, and customer success, to developers and user experience professionals
- Comfortable with metrics and applying them to help iterate on the product
- Ability to work in an agile and iterative startup environment
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with FinTech and/or FP&A a plus
Why you’ll love it here!
We provide an equitable path for career growth with a well-defined skills matrix that supports both individual contributor and management paths. We promote work-life balance by placing value in ownership over hours. We make iterative process changes based on real and measurable metrics. We encourage a culture of clear and effective communication through honest feedback, detailed documentation and supportive mentorship.
- We celebrate First Fridays! The first Friday of each month, we all take off that day to recharge and enjoy a long weekend.
- Flexible vacation & sick time
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- We'll get you a laptop and other home office equipment to make sure you can work from home successfully!
- The opportunity to be part of an earlier stage high-growth company and be a part of a team of caring folks located around the US and in Canada
You are welcome at our table!
We listed a lot of items above. It doesn’t mean you shouldn’t apply if you don’t have experience with all of them. Your unique experience and perspective will be valued on our team, so please apply if you’re interested!
Cube Software is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. We appreciate diverse skill sets and critical thinking skills to build the best experiences for our clients. Cube is happy to provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us, and we will work with you to meet your needs.