Applied Blockchain is an innovative applications development company focused on distributed ledger and confidential computing technologies. Based at Level39, Europe’s largest Fintech accelerator in London’s Canary Wharf, and in Porto, Portugal, Applied Blockchain is an expert team creating cutting-edge solutions for disruptive startups and corporate clients in financial services, energy, aviation, automotive, shipping, telecommunications and social impact sectors. Our clients already include Shell (also an investor in the company), KLM, Lloyds Register, Toyota, United Nations and we’re advising the UK Government. We are building a new generation of decentralised and confidential solutions, working through some of the most interesting technical problems in this field such as identity management, transaction anonymity, encryption, cryptography and data security.
This is an opportunity for a mid level QA developer to ramp up QA within an established development team. You'll have a lot of decision making power, autonomy and trust. We make decisions democratically and give team members the time, resource and authority to work on what they think is most important.The right candidate will be passionate about QA and improving application stability, working with both developers and the users to build and maintain existing tests. You can demonstrate the ability to quickly absorb and make use of new information. You're able to research best practices and make use of them.
As a Senior Graphic Designer role, you will have the opportunity to take an active role in building the design approach of the company, taking part in decisions and overall direction. You will lead and take ownership of the design process from scratch and work as self-directed.
You will be working closely with our product, marketing and development team to turn new broad ideas into something valuable and unique.
The ideal person for this role is experienced graphic and product designer who are comfortable working in a technical environment & can handle technical conversations with software engineers as well as understanding the experience from a user's perspective.
Your main focus will be to constantly, improve and enhance the user's experience of our solutions and products.
- Develop simple and elegant design concepts for web/online/other digital media, based on marketing and campaign ideas.
- Creating compelling experiences and interactions for both consumer products and enterprise solutions
- Working closely with our Product and Marketing team to support requirements.
- Gaining a deep understanding of customer experience, identifying and filling product gaps and generating new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Create design artefacts like mockups, user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes to communicate design ideas
- Producing high quality visual assets based on marketing and design ideas.
- Designing presentations with Internal Stakeholders.
- 3+ years of experience working with Adobe Creative Suite.
- 3+ years of experience in designing world-class complex commercial products.
- Strong knowledge of digital design platforms and prototyping tools such as Sketch and Figma
- Ability to design both for print and digital media.
- Have a proven track record or experience of the key stages of the design process from creative idea generation, art direction, to design development and an understanding of Artwork generation.
- Have strong visual & verbal design communication with excellent visualising ability.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Able to take responsibility for projects from briefing to completion, with the ability to collaborate and communicate with other departments as necessary.
- Proven experience of working with clients
- Experience working in an agile approach and able to enjoy ambiguity, to be proactive and solve problems.
- Ability to work within a fast paced environment on multiple projects concurrently.
- Relevant degree and keen interest in the technology and/or software / Blockchain development.
- Strong knowledge of UX/UI design principles.
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of what a design system is and how to extend it to any media necessary.
- Understanding of development principles and of how websites/apps are built, in order to deliver designs that are visually pleasing but also technically achievable.
- 22 days holiday
- 1000 Euro training budget and up to 5 training days / year
- Healthcare Insurance
- Meal Cards
- Team meeting lunch
- Flexible work from home policy